Monday, October 12, 2009

Oh! My Selfish Heart Divides Me...


This past Sunday I went to the Barlow Girl, Superchick concert in Valporaiso, Indiana. It was quite fantastic to say the least. I surprised my little sister and we spent the day together in bliss, and then we drove out to Valpo for the concert, little did we know that there was a time change and we ended up getting there about two hours early... As I pulled up to the church I saw a huge SUV that has WFRN plastered all over it, driving this huge gas hog was my coach:Honey Storlie. I went up to her and said hi, and since Caitlin (little sister) and I were so early we decided to give Coach a hand. Then, she surprised us with VIP passes into the concert! We were able to meet both bands of Barlow Girl and Superchick, it was fantastic. And what's even more fantastic is that Becca Barlow (the lead guitar, and backup vocals) said, "Wow, I really like your hair, that purple looks so cool!" Yes people, a Barlow Girl commented on my awesome hair haha. Anyway, we got a great picture with them and I wished them all good luck. The concert was fantastic, (i could do without the chairs, it made it profoundly difficult to dance and jump) I got to here one of my favorite songs by Superchick (Beauty From Pain) and was scolded for recording the song. Then during the intermission, my coach asked my sister and I to come help her throw free t-shirts and stuff to the crowd, happily I obliged. Backstage, I got to see some awesome things, like Superchick performing from the curtain view, and also Barlow Girl praying in a neat little circle for their performance off stage. We also got to pray with one of the intro. bands (Vota) lead singer. Then I went on stage and yelled "FREE STUFF" and the crowd rose to their feet, hands in the air ready to catch whatever I threw. Then Barlow Girl performed and it was an amazing show, they played one of their old songs that I love "Never Alone" which I actually learned how to play on guitar a few years ago. And my favorite song of the night was "Beautiful Ending" because it is a particularly gorgeous song played by these unique girls. The lyrics are very meaningful, and encouraging making it a powerfully, deep song. The night was fantastic, and God was truly present throughout the entire time making the sister date a perfect one!

Music Artist of the week: (DUH) Barlow Girl. Check them out, they are three sisters from Elign, Illinois, and each and every one of them is incredibly talented. Alyssa Barlow even played bass, piano, and sang at the same time during the songs. And Lauren Barlow plays the drums while singing too, which can be quite difficult. These girls are incredibly encouraging and positive and are also partnered with Mercy Ministries which helps girls with any kind of issue really (eating disorders, self injury, pregnancy, etc.) They are a great band with a great cause.

Song of the Week: "Beautiful Ending"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixj6A_ZIuiI

Lyrics:

Oh, tragedy
Has taken so many
Love lost cause they all
Forgot who You were
And it scares me to think
That I would choose
My life over You
My selfish heart
Divides me from You
It tears us apart

So tell me
What is our ending?
Will it be beautiful
So beautiful?

Oh, why do I
Let myself let go
Of hands that painted the stars
And hold tears that fall?
And the pride of my heart
Makes me forget
It's not me but You
Who makes the heart beat
I'm lost without You
And dying from me

No comments:

Post a Comment