Thursday, October 1, 2009

28:06:42:12


That's right folks, it is Donnie Darko Month! For those of you who haven't seen Donnie Darko, get up right now and go to Blockbuster, get the movie (and maybe, possibly some Apple Cider) and watch it, as soon as possible!!! The movie has an essential theme of overcoming your fear of death and also of loneliness. Donnie mentions that 'everyone dies alone' So loneliness and death could even go hand in hand. I've always thought that I would never be afraid of death because there is nothing to fear, once your dead you can finally be with God...but when I was faced with death I realized that I do fear death. I fear the unknown, even if the unknown will be with God. So as you embrace the glorious month of Donnie Darko, also remember all of the different obstacles that you can overcome with a little bit of motivation, a few friends, and of course the Almighty One.

With much thought and appreciation for music, I am proud to announce the Music Artist of the Week:
Muse
Muse just came out with a new album 'The Resistance' which has a lot of political references in it and a great quote for this blog.


"If you could flick a switch and open your third eye, You'd see that We should never be afraid to die"-from the song "Uprising" which was also featured on the political radio station NPR.

No comments:

Post a Comment