Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sometimes You Have To Be Your Own Best Friend


For the past year I have come to the realization that the best company a person can have is themself.  I will always be here for myself, I know myself better than anyone, I know what I want, and I won't ever leave. I should be enough company for myself, shouldn't I? But, everytime that I believe this I still feel alone. God should be a part of this entire equation but for some reason He is absent. People say that God will always be there for you and He will never let you down, well...okay I guess. But, I am alone and I feel let down...I've been trying to figure all of this out for years now and I keep coming to the same answer...nothing. Just emptiness that can only be filled by my own psychological efforts. 
When everything is lonely 
I can be my own best friend 
Get a coffee and the paper have my own conversations 
With the sidewalk and the pigeons and my window reflection 
The mask I polish in the evening 
By the morning looks like shit 
And I know you have a heavy heart 
I can feel it when we kiss 

But what was normal in the evening 
By the morning seems insane 
And I'm not sure what the trouble was 
That started all of this 
The reasons all have run away 
But the feeling never did 
Not something I would recommend 
But it is one way to live 
Cause what is simple in the moonlight 
By the morning never is 
Yeah it was simple in the moonlight now it's so complicated 

No comments:

Post a Comment